Snort mailing list archives

Re: What's the correct link for registered rules?

From: JJ Cummings <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:13:05 -0600

Use the one that is documented in PP. As to the converter, someone should contrib and update it :-P

JJC

On Jul 5, 2011, at 11:54, "Lay, James" <james.lay () wincofoods com> wrote:

So…I’m taking the plunge from oinkmaster to pp.  I see some things though that are confusing.  From my current
oinkmaster:

http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/<my-subscriber-oinkcode>/snortrules-snapshot-2905.tar.gz

from the website https://www.snort.org/snort-rules/cli:

wget http://www.snort.org/sub-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz/<oinkcode here> -O snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz

from pulledpork-0.6.1:

rule_url=https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/|snortrules-snapshot.tar.gz|<oinkcode>

So my question…which is the one I should use for pp?  As an aside…the oink-conv.pl seems to convert to an older
version of pp?  Not sure as it’s the first time I’ve used it ;)  Thanks all.

James

Please see http://www.snort.org/docs for documentation