Snort mailing list archives

Re: flow:established still broken in 2.9.0.5?

From: Jason Wallace <jason.r.wallace () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:39:06 -0400

If you are frequently getting FP on ssl/tls/ssh traffic, even though
you have this data set to ignore in the ssl/ssh preprossors, then make
sure all your ports that are supporting this type of traffic are in
both the ssl/ssh preprocessors and in stream5. They have to be listed
in "ports both" section for the ignore options to work correctly. I
don't know for sure but tls smtp traffic might follow this rule too.

@SF
I see in the snort.conf for 2.9.1_beta port 22 is only list in "ports
client". Shouldn't this be in "ports both" to function correctly?

thx,
Wally