Snort mailing list archives

Feasibility of one off rule

From: "Lay, James" <james.lay () wincofoods com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:25:45 -0600

Hey all!

Looking through logs today....have come across:

http://web1.51.la:82/go.asp

Which according to malwaredomains.com is no good.  I was wondering if it
was feasible or a good idea to even create a rule that would fire on one
or two offs from the standard port?  I do see that msn.com uses port 81
for an item:

http://apnxscm.ac3.msn.com:81/CACMSH.ashx?&t=1

These are all blocked anyway, but eh...was curious if this could be a
worthwhile idea.  Thanks.

James