Snort mailing list archives

Re: New Rules for Snort 2.6.1.5!!

From: Nick Moore <nmoore () sourcefire com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 08:43:52 -0500

Nima,

Are you sure you cannot update your Linux version? Ubuntu, for example, has
automated processes to assist with the update.

If it is that old, you probably would be better off starting from scratch
using one of the set up guides on snort.org. I have been able to create a
new Snort build in a couple hours including installation of the operating
system. You could also download a pre-built Snort instance from easyids or
snorby.org. It may be faster than trying to maintain an old Linux build and
an unsupported version of Snort.

Nick