Snort mailing list archives

Re: zlib and Centos 5.6

From: Bhagya Bantwal <bbantwal () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:47:07 -0400

Hello Dan,

Looks like you dont have inspect_gzip in your http inspect conf.

Can you please send us your http inspect config?

-B

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Dan Erxleben <derxleben () gmail com> wrote:

I'm attempting to get snort 2.9.0.5 running on Centos 5.6 and when
initializing it keeps error'ing on enable 'inspecti_gzip' inspection, which
i've found to be attributed to zlib.

ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(239) => Enable 'inspect_gzip' inspection
before setting 'unlimited_decompress'
Fatal Error, Quitting..

funny thing is, i've got zlib installed:

[root@dhcp10-101 snort-2.9.0.5]# rpm -qa | grep zlibzlib-devel-1.2.3-3
zlib-1.2.3-3

and I wiped snort and recompiled with zlib enabled:

./configure --with-mysql --enable-dynamicplugin --enable-zlib

Whats the deal. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

--
From the Desk of:
*Dan Erxleben*