Snort mailing list archives

Re: libpcap and RHEL 6.1

From: vincent () cojot name
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 16:38:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Randy,

On RHEL6.1, I -do- have libpcap-devel installed but it's from the
'rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6' channel. You need to subscribe your system
to that channel.

On the other hand, on el6, I've been using these:
[root@rh6x64 tmp]# rpm -qa libpcap1\*
libpcap1-debuginfo-1.1.1-10.el6.x86_64
libpcap1-devel-1.1.1-10.el6.x86_64
libpcap1-1.1.1-10.el6.x86_64

from: http://vscojot.free.fr/dist/snort/snort-2.9.0.5/RHEL6

this makes snort compile happily (which is also provided in the above
repository).

I hope this helps,

Vincent