Snort mailing list archives

Re: Alert Information Missing for alerts using barnyard2

From: Dheeraj Gupta <dheeraj.gupta4 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:01:49 +0530

Hi,
Got it working. I had forgotten to restart Barnyard2

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM, beenph <beenph () gmail com> wrote:

Snort Alert [3:13573:0] Means

[gid:sid:revision]
gid being Generator ID
sid being Signature ID
and revision being revision.

The alert your seeing comes from a pre-compiled rule.

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 5:25 AM, Dheeraj Gupta <dheeraj.gupta4 () gmail com>