Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort in IPS mode

From: Michael Altizer <maltizer () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:53:08 -0400

This is not possible with the current AFPacket DAQ module since I never really thought to do that, but it could be modified to do so (check if an instance for that interface already exists when opening each interface and reuse it instead of trying to reopen and failing). You may be able to do something like that with IPTables and the NFQ DAQ module, but I couldn't say for sure.