Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort + HTSQL dashboard application

From: Dan Ferris <dferris () prometheusresearch com>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 17:50:33 -0600

Here's another HTSQL example.

This will make a quick (and probably mostly unuseful in this form)
blacklist of all source IPs that have created high severity events. In
this case the firewall would be ipfw on FreeBSD, but you could of course
easily do the same thing with iptables.

$server='http://snort.htsql.org&apos;;
$htsql='/distinct(event{inet(iphdr.ip_src)}?signature.sig_priority=1)/:csv';

use LWP::Simple;

$result = get $server . $htsql;
@result = split(/\r\n/, $result);

shift(@result); #get rid of the column names

foreach $ip (@result)
{
     print "Blocking $ip\n";
     system("ipfw add deny all from $ip to any");
}