Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort, Barnyard and Base FreeBSD

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 12:45:17 -0500

--On April 4, 2011 4:53:45 PM +0000 "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu>
wrote:

I am trying to load Snort 2.9.0.4 on FreeBSD 8.2 with Barnyard2.  Is
there a document out there for some support?  I get to  a point where I
am loading Snort and it looks like it needs m4, bison, daq, etc…

All you need to do is install snort, barnyard2 and base from ports.  The
port installs should take care of any dependencies.

How does one know what to install to make this a success?

Take a look at this:
<http://rackerhacker.com/2007/05/27/install-snort-and-base-on-freebsd/>

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst