Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] 2012708

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:14:37 -0500

Is there some benefit to using the http keyword for these we might miss?

There is a performance benefit... just not with rules comprised
completely of any combination of the following keywords... namely,
http_cookie,
http_raw_uri, http_raw_header, http_raw_cookie, http_stat_code, http_stat_msg.

Regards,

Will

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Matthew Jonkman