Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to compile a Dynamic Preprocssor alone?

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:01:26 -0400

You can try the attached to see if it helps.  I meant to send this out long
ago but too many other things came up.

Russ

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Thomas LESTRIEZ <thomas.lestriez () edf fr>wrote:

Hi all,

I created my own Dynamic Preprocessor, and I can compile it with Snort
2.9.0.3 (and it works and it logs in my Mysql database). So far so good.
But now, I would like to make it completely independant from the Snort
compilation.
So I need to create my own makefile to:

1. compile the Snort's sources I need. Are they all in this directory:
 /usr/local/snort/src/snort_dynamicsrc  ?
2. compile my own preprocessor with my own sources
3. create a lib.so with all this stuff and install it in the good place in
snort (the dynamicpreprocessor directory)

I started to compile all sources in /usr/local/snort/src/snort_dynamicsrc
but I found this errors:

make
gcc-4.3 -W -Wall        -c sf_base64decode.c
In file included from sf_base64decode.c:22:
sf_base64decode.h:28: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of
‘uint8_t’
sf_base64decode.h:28: error: expected ‘;’, ‘,’ or ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
sf_base64decode.h:29: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of
‘uint8_t’
sf_base64decode.h:29: error: expected ‘;’, ‘,’ or ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
sf_base64decode.h:30: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
sf_base64decode.c:24: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or
‘__attribute__’ before ‘sf_decode64tab’
sf_base64decode.c:46: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of
‘uint8_t’
sf_base64decode.c:46: error: expected ‘;’, ‘,’ or ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
sf_base64decode.c:96: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of
‘uint8_t’
sf_base64decode.c:96: error: expected ‘;’, ‘,’ or ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
sf_base64decode.c:134: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
make: *** [sf_base64decode.o] Erreur 1

Maybe I should take a different way, but I didn't find anything about this
subject.

Thank you

Best regards,

Thomas LESTRIEZ
Software Engineer

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le 'Message') sont
établis à l'intention exclusive des destinataires et les informations qui y
figurent sont strictement confidentielles. Toute utilisation de ce Message
non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication totale
ou partielle, est interdite sauf autorisation expresse.

Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce Message, il vous est interdit de
le copier, de le faire suivre, de le divulguer ou d'en utiliser tout ou
partie. Si vous avez reçu ce Message par erreur, merci de le supprimer de
votre système, ainsi que toutes ses copies, et de n'en garder aucune trace
sur quelque support que ce soit. Nous vous remercions également d'en avertir
immédiatement l'expéditeur par retour du message.

Il est impossible de garantir que les communications par messagerie
électronique arrivent en temps utile, sont sécurisées ou dénuées de toute
erreur ou virus.

This message and any attachments (the 'Message') are intended solely for
the addressees. The information contained in this Message is confidential.
Any use of information contained in this Message not in accord with its
purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is
prohibited except formal approval.

If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or use
any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it
and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return
message.

E-mail communication cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure, error or
virus-free.