Snort mailing list archives

Re: [SNORT-devel] Snort with anomaly detection

From: Martin Holste <mcholste () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:39:57 -0500

It looks like HelloWorld simply records packet header information to
the database.  Is that the case?  If so, then this is the wrong tool
for the job as there are much simpler ways to create that self-data
set (I hope I'm using that term correctly).  What are you trying to
actually do once the IP headers are in the database?