Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.0.4 Build 111 posted

From: Jason Wallace <jason.r.wallace () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:29:39 -0500

*sigh*

Any change to a package requires a revision bump. Now there are
multiple "versions" of snort-2.9.0.4 floating around. Any automated
processes that stored the original checksum and pulls the tarball from
snort.org will now fail. If it wasn't enough to version the change
then I think the patch should have just been made available. Anyone
that goes to install snort-2.9.0.4 for any distro is going to have to
figure out which 2.9.0.4 version they are actually installing.

wally