Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question about a Snort rule

From: Miso Patel <miso.patel () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:55:02 -0600

OK, I now understand why just looking for 'flags:S;' doesn't make
sense but we want to alert on a situation where there is an
established UDP connection AND 'iPad' in the URI so we are trying this
one now (without luck but I feel we are getting closer):

alert udp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET any (msg:"iPad related HTTP
request"; content:"iPad"; http_uri; nocase; flags:A+;
classtype:bad-unknown; reference:url,www.apple.com/ipad/;
sid:18954545; rev:2;)

Thanks.

Miso, CISO