Snort mailing list archives

Re: SnortSam Discussion was: RulePack update and End of Life of 2.8.6.0

From: Matthew Jonkman <jonkman () emergingthreatspro com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 15:46:31 -0500

I'm a heavy snortsam user as well, great tool. (Don't tell Frank, his ego will puff up even farther)

Major advantage is being able to distribute blocks among all senors, and among all perimeter firewall devices. Or among
differet organizations.

We're building this into Suricata via IP reputation distribution, but it's not there yet. Snortsam is still a critical
piece.

Matt