Snort mailing list archives

Re: Intermittent Pulled Pork Error

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 21:50:09 -0500

On 2/18/2011 16:21, Randal T. Rioux wrote:
On 2/17/2011 9:23 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
On 2/17/2011 10:37, Weir, Jason wrote:
Thanks Joel...

I'd prefer updates as soon as they are available (within a couple hours
at least) without manual intervention - thus the frequent checking via
cron.

The hash file is less than 1K - I would suspect I could check it on the
minute and not overload the cloud...

oh no... another update once every minute cron job! these types of things are
why VRT implemented the 15 minute rule in the first place :(

Yeah, that stuff drives me nuts.

I really don't see the gain from such a policy. Once an hour, meh, ok.
Once a minute - I pull on your ear and slap your knuckles with a ruler!

yeah, no doubt! in my world, your IP is blocked until you contact us regarding
your lack of ability to update or access the sites... sometimes it takes a very
large raw fish smack upside the head to wake folks up no matter who they are ;)