Snort mailing list archives

Re: more stonesoft AET ( was +20, now +100 )

From: Crusty Saint <saintcrusty () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:07:01 +0100

Great news then.

This post is related to +100 new AET related techniques, them as well ?

That would be radical :)

2011/2/15 Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>

Snort handles all the Stonesoft AETs and has for some time.

Thanks Crusty.

Joel

On Feb 15, 2011, at 6:22 AM, Crusty Saint wrote:

Hi,

Not attempting to advocate anyone elses product and hoping not to
break netiquette by posting this here. Looking for some solid replies
from the snort/sourcefire community.

http://www.stonesoft.com/en/press_and_media/releases/en/2011/15022011.html?uri=/en/press_and_media/releases/en/index.html

Helsinki, Finland – February 15, 2011 – Stonesoft, an innovative
provider of integrated network security and business continuity
solutions, today announced it has discovered 124 new advanced evasion
techniques (AETs). Samples of these AETs have been delivered to the
Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-FI), who will continue to
coordinate a global vulnerability coordination effort.

Their previous finds are documented here
http://www.antievasion.com/principles/principles/part-3

[ related resources ]
http://www.antievasion.com/
http://www.youtube.com/officialantievasion#p/a/u/1/iX6zeasFTL8

--
Joel Esler
jesler () sourcefire.com

--
- - -
Security Engineer - Tags: Analyst Systems Security Linux Firewall Network