Snort mailing list archives

Re: Coverage for the "Night Dragon" Trojan

From: Mike Cox <mike.cox52 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:01:51 -0600

Hmmm ... this sounds like the sig I proposed to Emerging Threats  this
morning but got no feedback on.

Sourcefire, please let me know where to send the bill.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"ET TROJAN
Night Dragon C&C Communication Outbound"; content:"|68 57 24 13|";
offset:12; depth:4; http_body;
pcre:"/[\x01\x03]\x50[\x00-\xff]+\x68\x57\x24\x13/P";
classtype:trojan-activity;
reference:url,www.mcafee.com/us/resources/white-papers/wp-global-energy-cyberattacks-night-dragon.pdf;
sid:2011213456;)

-Mike Cox