Snort mailing list archives

Re: Freebsd snorters: test port of 2.9.0.3 available

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:01:25 -0500

I meant is there something wrong with the way that Dean is packaging the port?  Does that make more sense?

On Jan 29, 2011, at 8:26 PM, Michael Scheidell wrote:

On 1/29/11 7:21 PM, Joel Esler wrote:

Is this something that dean can incorporate and fix in the official tree?
I don't think this is anything wrong with the snort source.
its just *bsd version of rpm's.  the tarball I have will let you make a binary package, or install the source easily.
again, just for freebsd people.
most of the problems were in the way the ports package was installing preprocessor libraries.  the sample snort.conf
wasn't pointing to the ones installed, and the port package wasn't deleting them when deinstalled.
Also, as you can imagine, with all the options in ../configure we have to decide which ones to select 'on', which
ones to allow users to tweak.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
| SECNAP Network Security Corporation
Certified SNORT Integrator
2008-9 Hot Company Award Winner, World Executive Alliance
Five-Star Partner Program 2009, VARBusiness
Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap®.

--
Joel Esler
jesler () sourcefire com