Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort new version compilation

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:55:31 -0500

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM, J. L. Cabral <jelocabral () gmail com> wrote:

Dear, I have running Snort 2.9.0 but some people here tell me to go to
Snort 2.9.3.

I think you mean 2.9.0.3.  :)

I'm not an expert compiling from source because I always use Debian
packages, so: how can I install 2.9.3 if now I have 2.9.0, both from
source ???

Maybe doing:

#make uninstall (2.9.0)

and after that: