Snort mailing list archives

Re: Import ET into Sourcefire DC

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 09:02:46 -0500

Just so it's clear, I'm not trying to be evasive or trying to start a fight
either.  I'm glad you said that Matt, because apparently some people think
that ET and Sourcefire are "fighting".

The users manual for Sourcefire is on the support site, so if you have a
Sourcefire support account, you can gain access to our docs.

However, out of the few imports of ET rules that I have seen attempted,
there are formatting issues with the ET rules that our parser will not
accept.  I don't recall exactly which fields they are, but rest assured if
any fields are not part of the standard Snort configuration, the Sourcefire
DC will not accept the import into the database.

The ability to import any external rules into the database is in *Policy &
Response -> IPS -> SEU*, then click the "*Import*" button.

Joel

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Matthew Jonkman <