Snort mailing list archives

Re: frag3 preprocessor type definitions

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:00:13 -0500

First favors the fragment that arrived first.  *the original fragment with a given offset*
Windows favors the fragment that arrived last if it begins at an offset smaller than the original fragment and ends at
an offset greater than the original fragment's offset.  Otherwise, the Windows policy favors the fragment that arrived
first.

Joel