Snort mailing list archives

Re: Enc: Problems to start snort 2.9

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:21:11 -0400

Looks like someone posted the same error about a year ago on snort.org with
2.8.5, apparently w/o resolution.

What type of interface is it?  libpcap will assume SLL for unknown types and
expect the kernel to leave room to prepend the header.

Appears to be making the wrong assumption.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Ivani A. Nascimento <