Snort mailing list archives

Re: Getting more context in snort alerts.

From: Martin Holste <mcholste () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:17:29 -0600

All listed are fine options--I'll add one more: log all web requests
with httpry so that you can quickly grep for the HTTP request/response
involved with an alert, because let's face it, the vast majority of
alerts that need investigating are web-related.  httpry uses
surprisingly few resources, so it makes a great Snort companion.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Jefferson, Shawn