Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort ipv6 isssue

From: "Prashant cd c.d" <cdprashanth () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:16:03 -0400

Hi
Thanks for reply, really appriciate it

1)    I added  net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=1   in /etc/sysctl.conf  and
rebooted.

Now I DON’T  see  the previous error ” Bringing up interface bond0:  Global
IPv6 forwarding is enabled in configuration

, but not currently enabled in kernel”.

I rebooted , and did ‘service network restart’ .

But stiilll i dont see the IPv6  being forwarded between two inyterfaces (i
am using tcpdump to see).

Also

#cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.18-194.el5PAE (mockbuild () x86-007 build bos redhat com)
(gcc ve
rsion 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)) #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 22:00:21 EDT 2010

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5

Can you please let me me know if I am missingsomething?