Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems with multipleconfigs.

From: Bhagya Bantwal <bbantwal () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:13:30 -0500

Http Inspect needs to be enabled when using http content modifiers such as
http_method, http_header, http_uri etc. It looks like you have rules with
http content modifiers in your all.rules.

You dont have to turn them on in all configs. Just turn them on in the
config which includes the rule with http modifiers (In your case the config
which includes all.rules).

Without http inspect the HTTP headers, uri etc are not be extracted and
hence the error.

-B