Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems disabling rule categories with PulledPork

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 16:15:57 -0500

You can disable a rule category with a pcre, something like "ET FTP" in the
disablesid.conf

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Mike Kun <mkun () akamai com> wrote:

That's somewhat helpful, but I'm not sure I'm clear on how PulledPork
understands the difference between VRT and ETPro rule files.
For example, VRT and ETPro have a rule file called "ftp". If I disable
ftp rules in the diablesid file, how does Pulledpork know which to disable?
I assume it disables both, but I'm hoping there's a way to only disable
the ETpro rule file and leave the (tuned) VRT rules in place.

- -Mike