Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort preprocessor perfmonitor

From: Salahudin Wan Khairuzzaman <salahudin () cybersecurity my>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:14:51 +0800

Once submitted to snorby, it will be processed and inserted new sid
(sensor id). In this case, Snort that comes with snorby spsa is set as
sid 1, so anything new sensors that comes in will be named as sid 2,3,4
and so forth. mysql on snorby must be set to accept connection from
remote host + users/IP. Some usefull mysql commands:

mysql> select * from sensor;  --- print out how many sensors

mysql> select * from event order by sid desc limit 10; -- print out
events logged

Using mailing list can help u to get started, but u need to refer to the
documentations and forums/how-tos. :)

p/s: actually u can also check this from the snorby frontend (via web).

cheers,
salahudin