Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] Attack from .jp IPs

From: Steve McChortle <steve.mcchortle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:16:03 -0600

So I did some research.  Apparently if you downloaded the Snort source and
compiled from scratch there should be a file called sleeping_giant.conf.
Have you tried running this:

USA@Pwnamamoto:/root/suckit/# snort -c /etc/snort/sleeping_giant.conf

Make sure you are in IPS mode so it will block.

Hope this helps.

Steve