Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.0.2 to be released

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 08:32:58 -0500

Randal,

Please refresh me with the problem with OpenBSD and I'll see if there is a
bug for it/create a bug for it.

If you want to email me onlist or off, either way.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Randal T. Rioux <randy () procyonlabs com>wrote:

On 11/30/2010 07:19 PM, Joel Esler wrote:
All --

This is a "pre-release" announcement for Snort version 2.9.0.2.  This is
a bug-fix release for the Snort 2.9.0 tree.  The following issues are
addressed in this version:

[*] Improvements
 * The HTTP Inspect "server_flow_depth" option is now applied once per
   HTTP session, instead of once per packet. This will improve
performance
   by causing less packets to be inspected.

 * Fixed an issue with the handling of TCP urgent data.

 * Fixed an issue with using file_data:mime within shared library rules.

 * Fixed an issue with TCP reassembly of single packets
---

I'd like to call attention especially to the first and last items above:
The first, is a performance increase in the http_inspect preprocessor.
The last, an issue with the TCP reassembly of single packets was an
issue brought to us by Eoin Miller.  (Thanks Eoin!)

Keep an eye out for this release!

Does it work with OpenBSD yet?

Randy

--