Snort mailing list archives

Re: Issues with the Snort Manual (Patch)

From: <Joshua.Kinard () us-cert gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:49:35 -0500

Hi Joel,

Thanks for this.  I just wanted to check, because a lot of the errors I
fixed seem to be....elementary errors.  Things one could easily catch on
a paced read-through of the manual.  I waited for the 2.9 release before
writing the patch to see if they would be caught and corrected.  If the
team that reviews changes to Snort's manual is different than the one
that reviews the SourceFire manuals, then perhaps the SourceFire QA
people should take a crack at reviewing the Snort stuff, because those
manuals are much more verbose, and better explain some elements and
their usages.

Cheers!,

--J