Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] 2.9.0.1 performance issue

From: L0rd Ch0de1m0rt <l0rdch0de1m0rt () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:26:10 -0600

Hello.  To be clear, there is no fix for the "http_inspect\stream
reassembly" bug at the moment (if there is a fix in SVN, let me know
so I can take action here b/c this is seriously a non-trivial bug for
me).  Apparently it is an issue with Stream5 having premature buffer
flushing issues.

Government/Critical Infrastructure companies take note: this bug leads
to easy IDS/IPS evasion and this issue, "predates Snort 2.9.0"
according to Sourcefire.

-L0rd C.