Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snorby and Snort

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:05:58 -0700

The hostname option is in the BY2 config also, IIRC

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Atkins, Dwane P <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu> wrote:
Thank you.  This has been done.  I am not seeing a Hostname called unknown:eth1.  It now has 844 events and was
plugged in less than 20 minutes ago so I believe something is working.  Is there a way to name that unknown:eth1
hostname to something meaningful without putting an ip address on it?

Also, I am very knew at this so this is quite an accomplishment for the whole team.  I appreciate everyone's help.

Thank you.

Dwane