Snort mailing list archives

Re: DAQ and libpcap 1.1.1 vs 1.0.0

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:56:22 -0500

I don't seem to have a --disable-remote for my libpcap 1.1.1 configure.

What exactly does that do?

I'm glad you've got a workaround but would like to figure out what the issue
is and fix the DAQ if needed.

Thanks
Russ

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:41 AM, <vincent () cojot name> wrote:

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010, Mike Lococo wrote:

Vincent,

Thanks the the pointer, I had actually looked at your repo but in a fit
of absent-mindedness didn't think to check for srpms (I need to rebuild
libpcap with DAG-support enabled, so most binary RPMS don't help me).
I'll have a peak.

I just updated the 'repo' with my latest test builds. libpcap-1.1.1 is
back and compiled with --disable-remote (this seems to prevent daq from
crashing)

Some subsequent testing suggests maybe there's just some library
search-path issues going on, but I haven't figured out what
libpcap-1.0.0 vs 1.1.1 do differently in that regard.  Will report back
once I've got it sorted, I had just hoped someone else had done the work
for me.

Look into this srpm, it might be of some help. That's how I got snort
working with libpcap-1.1.1 on rhel5.. (--disable-remote)
http://vscojot.free.fr/dist/snort/RHEL5/SRPMS/libpcap1-1.1.1-7.el5.src.rpm

I hope this helps,

Vincent