Snort mailing list archives

Re: OT: What tap would you recommend?

From: Ropetin Again <ropetin () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 12:51:03 -0400

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Miguel Alvarez <miguellvrz9 () gmail com>wrote:

I'm curious to know what types of taps people on this list use.

Do you like what you're using?  What are some of the features you like
and what do you think they could do better?

That's a leading question really, it depends on the requirements of a given
project.  Not necessarily a tap per se, but I'm a big fan of Gigamon GigaVUE
420's.  However, they may or may not be overkill depending on what your
needs are.  The main thing I like about it is 'it just works' and I have
never had one fail on me (furiously banging on wood).  The main thing I
don't like about it is that they can be a bear to configure, depending on
how creative you want to be with your spanning.

Can you define your requirements a little bit?

Ropetin