Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.0.1 & OpenBSD 4.8 build problems

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:18:58 -0400

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:12 PM, JJC <cummingsj () gmail com> wrote:

quickest way for you is to add this to the snort ./configure options

--disable-static-daq

then when you start snort, add this:

--daq-dir=/usr/local/lib/daq/

and voila

The above is an excellent workaround.  If you want to debug farther:

nm /usr/local/lib/libdaq_static.a | grep daq_load_modules

and send the output.  I'm guessing that you will see something like:

00000000000005ab T daq_load_modules

Which means the symbol is there but isn't being found by configure's test
program.

Let me know.

JJC