Snort mailing list archives

Using SNORT inline

From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley () msad54 org>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:42:00 +0000

Hello all,

I'm new to this list and have a question I need answered. I'm installing SNORT 2.9.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS using David
Gullett's install guide.
It looks as if this install is only an IDS setup rather than an IPS solution. Am I wrong? I'm looking for something
that I can place inline so I can not only detect issues but act upon them.
Can anyone point me in the correct direction or enlighten me.

Thank you in advance,
Dan