Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Spam] Re: Possible FP 17363

From: Alex Kirk <akirk () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:08:24 -0400

Honestly, please keep sending them in. It's trivial enough for us to say
"hey, we already fixed that" in cases where we have, and if you've got
something we hadn't previously seen, you're helping everyone out.

Though I am still honestly confused at how several of the reports you've
sent in have failed to contain some of the fixed strings necessary for
detection. If you can send actual PCAPs, that would be helpful (
research () sourcefire com will do the trick if you don't want to send to the
list at large).