Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ip_proto's 'lsrre' parameter

From: Steven Sturges <steve.sturges () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:11:03 -0400

Hi Joshua--

First, for clarification, this is in ipots, not in ip_proto.

As for the code, the ipopts rule option is a striaght-up
check against the number, and 'lsrre' has been in there
since revision 1.1 in 2000, so it will match when there
is an IP option with value of 0x84.

SID 501 is pretty old, so I'm not entirely sure how
the rule covers the vuln referenced .

VRT, perhaps you can shed some light on that part?

Cheers.
-steve