Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fine tuning Snort

From: ScottO <skippylou () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:31:57 -0400

James,

You can specify cidr notation for address blocks in threshold.conf,
something like:

suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 11111, track by_src, ip 10.1.2.0/24

Hope that helps,

scott

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 8:24 AM, James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net> wrote:

Thanks Waldo,

It's been quite interesting...I have at least four rules that look for
executables...and as I look at the threshold file I can only threshold
against one IP at a time...meaning I've got a lot of work to do as I have
to add pretty much most of google and windowsupdate.com ;)  Even thought
I'm tempted to simply start snort to not monitor those netblocks, eh...I'd
rather do the right thing.

Thanks again for the help.

James