Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort instance crashes

From: "J. L. Cabral" <jelocabral () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:54:55 -0300

Hi, I have this:

Version 2.9.0 (Build 68)
   ''''    By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team:
http://www.snort.org/snort/snort-team
           Copyright (C) 1998-2010 Sourcefire, Inc., et al.
           Using libpcap version 1.1.1
           Using PCRE version: 7.6 2008-01-28

Thanks in advance.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:39 AM, rmkml <rmkml () yahoo fr> wrote:
Hi JL,
what exactly snort v2.9.0.x version please?
Regards
Rmkml

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010, J. L. Cabral wrote:

Dear, I have 2 Snort 2.9 instances running at the same time, one
sniffes on eth1 and the other on eth2.

They both run OK for a certain period of time, and after that the
always the first instance crashes and I've just the second instance
up.

What can be the cause of this crash and how can tell Snort to log this
error events in a log file, because under /var/log/snort there is not
a error log file ?????

Thanks a lot

JeLo