Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] New Classification System Proposal

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:10:23 -0500

Paul et all, I apologize if it seemed like I was being brief with my response, I wasn't "dictating" how it was going to
be.

By using hyphens and lowercase, all output modules from Snort, parsers, and GUIs won't have to change.  If we introduce
even one of those, all of the previous will have to recode.

It's a compatibility thing.  I wasn't being snarky or acting like a dictator, I was being brief, on my iPhone, and at
the Doctor's office.

Sorry if I offended anyone.