Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort with two instances

From: "Lay, James" <james.lay () wincofoods com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:58:59 -0700

That's what I do on my box:

ps aux

/usr/local/bin/snort -D -i eth1 -c /usr/local/etc/snort/eth1snort.conf
/usr/local/bin/snort -D -i eth2 -c /usr/local/etc/snort/eth2snort.conf
/usr/local/bin/snort -D -i eth3 -c /usr/local/etc/snort/eth3snort.conf
/usr/local/bin/snort -D -i eth4 -c /usr/local/etc/snort/dslsnort.conf
/usr/local/bin/snort -D -i eth5 -c
/usr/local/etc/snort/internetsnort.conf
/usr/local/bin/snort -D -i eth6 -c
/usr/local/etc/snort/externalsnort.conf

Each one gets its own conf file, although I've found that for some using
the same threshold file helps.

James