Snort mailing list archives

Re: perfmonitor pre-processor issues

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:11:48 -0400

That was one of my suspicions as well. Let us know what you find out.
Good luck.

On Thursday, September 30, 2010, Daniel Shepherd
<shepdelacreme () gmail com> wrote:
Joel,

I can't provide pcaps unfortunately. The conf file was mostly the default 2.9.0 file. The only changes I had made
were to define HOME_NET, EXTERNAL_NET, and some of the various DNS,SMTP, etc variables. As well as to enable the
various rules files.

I've investigated a bit further and I don't think the feed I've been given from the network team is sane. It appears
to be oversubscribed...and I'm not sure the span is setup properly in that I'm seeing the same packet multiple times.
I'm going to have to try and get a decent feed from the network team and go from there.

What they say is true...garbage in...garbage out.

Thanks,
Dan