Snort mailing list archives

Re: report a small bug

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 10:31:11 -0400

Thanks to the original reporter of this bug.  We'll see that it is fixed in
the next release.

SF did not call it "small" but it is not what I'd call dangerous.  Apart
from annoying printf()s there really is no ill effect.  The free count in
question is essentially redundant, because the free list it is counting is
properly initialized and the pointer is checked before use.

Thanks for checking.
Russ