Snort mailing list archives

Re: problem when starting snort

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 02:42:10 -0400

On 9/3/2010 16:17, Russ Combs wrote:

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net
<mailto:wkitty42 () windstream net>> wrote:

    On 9/3/2010 10:07, José R. Cristo Almaguer wrote:
     > when I try to run this command snort-c / etc / snort / snort.conf I get the
     > following error, I'm using debian squeeze, someone has any idea why.

    [TRIM]

     > rpc_decode arguments:
     >      Ports to decode RPC on: 111 32770 32771 32772 32773 32774 32775 32776
     > 32777 32778 32779
     >      alert_fragments: INACTIVE
     >      alert_large_fragments: INACTIVE
     >      alert_incomplete: INACTIVE
     >      alert_multiple_requests: INACTIVE
     > `trap' para punto de parada/seguimiento

    translated, the above says "`Trap' for stopping / tracking" which doesn't make
    any sense to me :(

That looks like it could be "segfault".  Please send your snort version and conf.

you'd think that that would translate the same in any language? i dunno... maybe
my american eccentricities get in the way? deity knows i spoke turkish and
japanese before i spoke english but we'll not let that bother anyone ;)