Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.8.6.1/base/ barnyard2 unified2 classification_id

From: "Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr." <lhughes () safemedia com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:52:36 -0400

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply, going on your description:

paul> The classification id is "embedded" in the db already.  Each active
signature
paul> is registered with its class_id when it's read into snort during
startup.  When
paul> a signature triggers, its sig_name ties to all the other values.

I cleared my mysql.log, started barnyard2 then snort.

I checked the mysql.log and it did not show where barnyard did anything you
mentioned above at startup.

Thanks,
Larry