Snort mailing list archives

preprocessor ftp_telnet_protocol: FP on spaces

From: "Castle, Shane" <scastle () bouldercounty org>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:03:18 -0600

The preprocessor ftp_telnet_protocol always FPs when there is a space in
(e.g.) the CWD command (or any other, for that matter). How do I stop
these alerts? The README.ftptelnet is of no help here. Reading the guide
PDF indicates that I might be able to override this with

        cmd_validity CWD < string > (in the case of the CWD FP)

but this is not clear. I suppose I could try it...

--
Shane Castle
Data Security Mgr, Boulder County IT