Snort mailing list archives

Snorby SBSA

From: "Christopher A. Libby" <clibby () mainepublicservice com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:37:51 -0400

I've been using the Snorby SBSA for a few days now, and I must say I really like the interface and the easy setup.  I
do have a few issues that I'd like to manually resolve if anyone has any suggestions.

First, I'd like to be able to utilized SO rules but Oinkmaster doesn't handle them.  I've looked at Pulled Pork on a
Any suggestions on what else I could use?

Second, the snort init script simply starts snort - it doesn't allow for start/stop/restart.  I'd like to just restart
snort to reload the rules, but one process gets stuck (no permission to the PID file) so I have to reboot the server.
Does anyone have a good Debian init script for snort?

Thanks! - Chris